Cision’s PR Newswire helps independent children’s publishing company, Nosy Crow distribute their press releases and achieve maximum coverage across a wide range of media outlets.
Nosy Crow publishes commercial fiction and non-fiction books for children aged 0 to 12, with the aim to encourage children to read for pleasure. Many of their books, such as the Bizzy Bear and Pip and Posy series, are by well-known authors and illustrators and are available in both print and e-book form.
Since the pandemic, Nosy Crow became aware that many parents and carers were struggling to explain the current situation to children, many of whom are frightened and confused. In their effort to solve this issue, they produced a downloadable book to explain coronavirus and reassure children. On Monday 6 April 2020, Nosy Crow issued the free digital book for anyone to read on-screen or print out, illustrated by the famous ‘Gruffalo’ illustrator, Axel Scheffler.
- Circulate the story of the book as widely and quickly as possible.
- Raise awareness of the book nationally and internationally.
- Target a network of contacts beyond the children’s publishing industry.
- Nosy Crow used the PR Newswire service to distribute two press releases to a large and trusted network of media outlets.
- The releases were also published on the PR Newswire newsfeed which has a monthly visit of over nine million people per month.
- With PR Newswire, Nosy Crow were able to significantly increase the media pick up and search visibility of their story.
- The story gained coverage in a large number of media outlets and newspapers, including The Guardian, The Times, BBC News, ITV News, and BBC Radio 2.
- In three weeks since the book release date, it had been downloaded one million times from the Nosy Crow website alone.
The coverage has been widespread and extensive, and shared among various media outlets. It’s been brilliant and is still going!
From the day I first made the call, everyone [at PR Newswire] was kind, helpful and open to working together to find the best solution tailored to Nosy Crow and the specific needs of the coronavirus book.
– Rebecca Mason, Publicity Manager, Nosy Crow
Most Recent Posts
Learn More. Do More. demo new
PR Tips, Case Studies, and Product Updates
Black Friday 2023: Media Snapshot
Arriving the Friday after Thanksgiving in the US, Black Friday signifies the start of Christmas shopping season for many, with discount prices leading to a highly profitable period for retailers. Black Friday has grown into a global event, driven by ...
ICYMI: Cision's Top 5 Webinars of 2023
The end of the year is just around the corner, which means time to start building strategic plans, setting priorities, establishing goals and ultimately ensuring everything is ready and in place for success in the year ahead. One great way to make...
How Ellisphere Boosted Campaign Engagement and Visibility
Find out how Ellisphere increased engagement on their campaign content by up to 48% using our Multichannel News Releases and Guaranteed Paid Placement.