Christine Buhagiar, Europe Director at AFP, discusses the media landscape in France. Christine has been in her current role since 2016, but before that she spent 15 years creating and developing video within AFP. In the late 90s, she was chief editor of AFP’s London office.
Founded in 1835, AFP is the world's oldest news agency. It provides fast, comprehensive and verified coverage of the events shaping our world and of the issues affecting our daily lives.
5 recommendations from AFP's Christine Buhagiar:
- Ensure any press release is relevant to the publication you are pitching
- Press releases need to contain new and relevant information
- Have a strong opening – the first paragraph should effectively communicate your story
- Include visuals like images and video
- The best time to send a press release in France is Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday morning
Meet The Panelists: